Friday, January 01, 2010

Ending the Season on a High Note

Had the chance to head back to Butte for a couple of days right after Christmas. On Sunday morning (the 27th), I got up early and headed out for a "crisp" 12 miles.

In the winter, it takes a long time for the sun to come up over the east ridge and to fill the valley of the Mile High City in daylight. Throughout the run I had the pleasure of being able to see as the Pintlers, then Big Butte, Then Timber Butte, then uptown became bathed, one by one, in the golden morning light.

And the cold, crisp air (-5 F) made the view clear and sharp.

A nice long run under a cloudless blue sky.

Sure, it was early on a Sunday and it would have been just as nice to sleep in. But, I still really enjoy a nice long, early morning weekend run. It starts my week off on a high note; and, in this case, it gave me a great conclusion to my 2009 season.

See you on the roads, tracks and trails

The Muddy Buzzard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.