Saturday, June 05, 2010


The last month has been a flury of activity. 

A big chunk of my time went towards remodeling our living room.  When we bought the place, only the back half of the main floor was finished.  The basement was completely unfinihsed - just open studs.  We've put in a bedroom and an entryway (although there is still a bit of finish work to be done; but, we do have functional spaces) in the basement and a laundary area. 

The primary living area on the main floor was finished with old, dark-dark, paneling.  Think 1970's basement type stuff.  It was on all the walls and the ceiling.  It was like living in a cave.  Well, we finally got things put together to get the room upgraded.  We had sheet rock put on the walls and toungue and groove pine on the ceiling.  I had contactors do the drywall and install the tongue and groove; but, I had to stain all the boards (some 140 of them), stain the boards for the window and door trim, install about half the door and window trim and install all of the base boards.  Also installed some new lighting fixtures.

It turned out great.  The room fits well with the existing finish work in the rest of the house; and, it brightened up the space so much.  With the high ceilings (19' at peak) and open beam structure, it really gives it the look of a light, open lodge type setting.  It's made a huge difference in the space.  We're super excited about seems like a whole new house.  Erin is very pleased that we finally jumped in and got the job done.

But, for most of May I was working from the time I was off work-work until somewhere between 9 - 11 at night.  And all of my open time on the weekends was spent on the house as well.

On top of that, we spent lots of Saturdays traveling to track meets to watch Zoe and the rest of the Plains kids.

And, last weekend (Memorial Day) we took an extra long weekend to take my parents out to the Seattle area to see my brother's new house. 

Needless to say - with all that going on I haven't really had the energy or time to get to the Buzzard.  But, over the next few days I intend to get caught up on what's been going on in our sport and some big things that are coming up.

See you on the roads, tracks and trails.

The Muddy Buzzard

No comments: