Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good Day For A Dirty Bird

Saw the doc today.  Got the good news that my foot stress fracture has healed enough to allow me to return to running.

So, in short order, I was right onto the treadmill.  Now - it was only 5:00 at about 10:00 pace.  But, it was one of the most enjoyable half mile that I've done in a long time.  And, I can honestly say it was my best run this year (of course, I hadn't run since December 1st).

So, it wasn't much. But, there was no pain and I was acutally running.  Good times indeed.

Here's to hoping that it won't be too much longer until.................................................


See you on the roads, tracks and trails

The Muddy Buzzard

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Great news!! Hope you can meet us for a trail run this summer when you are in this area

Tony B said...

Thanks Nicole - hope to be back in the swing before long. Will try run #2 tomorrow. Just another 5 minutes. But, want to be careful and not reinjure the toe.

If things go well there, I'll probably try a full mile by the weekend. Woo Hoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Bet you had a big smile on your face for the entire run. Be wise, don't overdo. Great news!