Thursday, December 02, 2010

The Streak Ends

Now - I'm not a true honest to goodnedss streaker.  Yeah, I would rather run every day then not.  But, missing a day or two here and there thru the year generally isn't the end of the world.  But, early this summer it dawned on me that it seemed like I hadn't missed a day in a while.  And, it turns out that I was right.

As of Tuesday, I was at 705 consecutive days.  And.......................that's where it ends.  705 days and some 4,500 to 4,700 miles later.

So,, what was it thta end the streak - Well, I got to spend an exciting day yesterday at the Montana Heart Institute undergoing a heart angiogram.

Good news was that the pipes look clear.

"Bad" news, angio did confirm an ejection fraction of only 30% to 35%.

So, they'll keep me on a medical regimen for now.  In 3 months we'll do a new echo cardiogram and see if the meds have helped to improve heart function. 

If so, we'll keep at it.  If not, we'll figure out the next step then.

Will be able to keep running (as soon as I fully recover from the angio procedure - which should be maybe by the end of the weekend); but, do need to keep the quality and quantity in check.

At any rate - in spite of it all - life is good.  Day to day lifestyle hasn't changed  and I don't have any limits there.  If I have to back off running a bit for my long term health - that's not the end of the world. 

Enjoy the upcoming holiday season everyone; and,

I'll see you on the roads, tracks and trails.

The Muddy Buzzard

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heal well, heal fast!

Tony B said...

Thanks for the thoughts Chad