Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Limping Buzzard

Saw the doctor yesterday.  And, the news was not so good.  Took a x-ray of my right foot; and, as I feared, there was a stress fracture of the bone at the base of the 5th metatarsal.

Fortunately, it was a complete fracture, and there was no displacement of movement of the bone.  And, since I haven't run in two weeks or so, you could already see evidence of healing.

But, am now in a walking boot for the next 4 weeks.  And, the visiting orthopod suggests between 2 and 3 months before running again.  Turns out, due to the location of the fracture, it's susceptible to re-fracturing if too much stress is put on it too soon.  So, looks like my winter is shot.

Now, need to find some way to try to stay fit while I heal.  Am going to try elliptical and stational bike to see if I can do them in the boot.  Sure hope so.  And, expect to be able to do many of my normal core and stenghtning exercises.

Here's my fashionalble new non-running footwear:


The Buzzard's Waling Boot

BTW - that's a Wulfman sock poking out to say hi!

So, even though it may be a while..................see you on the roads, tracks and trails

The Muddy Buzzard

No comments: