Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another Mile Marker -

Well, it took a while; but, the buzzard is close to being back to some semblance of normal mileage. Last week saw a 40-mile week. That was the first time I've seen that type of mileage since the week of March 23rd. And, today I put in a pleasant 10-mile on the roads and trails northwest of Plains. It's the first time that I've had an individual run in the double digit mileage since March 30th.

While my overall pace is still lagging behind what I'd like to be at - it's coming along, slowly but surely. I'm trying to take the return to full fitness sort of like you would approach a long run. Just going from mile marker to mile marker.

Between last week's mileage and today's 10-miler, I've passed another marker. There's plenty of them still ahead; but, we'll take solace in all the one's that we've put behind us.

See you on the roads, tracks and trails

The Muddy Buzzard

No comments: