Monday, February 02, 2009

Another Step Ahead

I've hit a few more "milestones" in my return to full running and racing fitness.

Last week I hit 50 miles for the week. That's what I consider to be my "baseline" mileage for my general training. I've always performed at my best when I hit at least 50 mpw. The last time that I had a week of 50 or more miles was the week of March 16th, 2008. So, it's been almost a year.

It's also been almost a year since I hit my other mileage "baseline" - 200 miles per month. In February and March of '08 I was over 200. Then not again until this January (where I hit an even 200).

Finally, I've had a long run of at least 12 miles every week so far this year.

All are good signs that I'm getting fitter. I actually feel like a real runner again. For a long time I wasn't so sure that I would ever bounce back from the last 18 months. But, just like a marathon, I've tried to be sure and steady. And, it's now starting to pay off. I'm mostly health, my running form and rhythm are returning and the miles are becoming easier.

Just need to keep climbing the stairs and taking it one step at a time.

The Muddy Buzzard

No comments: