Saturday, November 21, 2009

Grim & Gray

Just spent a couple of days in the Seattle area. Most of my time in the Pugent Sound region has been in the summer; and, I've always found it to be a most pleasant place to run. I've always heard about the winter gloom of the Pacific NW; but, not having been in the region during this time of year, I hadn't had first hand experience with the phenomenon.

But - I can now say - Been There Done That. Was suprised by a couple of things. First, it's amazing how quickly the gloom can set in and get you down. Two days and I was already feeling less than chipper.

Second, the rain and wetness is relentless. No hard or driving so much - just a constant drip and drizzle that never really goes away.

On the upside - the running retailers must love it. There is no way that you are getting buy with just one pair of shoes at a time. During this time of year - two or three pairs must always be needed in order to make sure that you have a dry pair.

I'm sure as with everyting - you adjust and adapt and learn to deal with the conditions. But, have to tell you that I'm happy to be back in Montana and our style of winter weather.

Just my two cents for the day.

See you on the roads, tracks and trails

The Muddy Buzzard

No comments: