Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tony Whines Like A Leeetle Girl

So, went to the doctor today. It's been 2 weeks since my crash and burn (well, actually 15 days, or about 105 hours). The patella (i.e. knee cap) seems to be staying in a stable position. Doesn't look like any displacement. At this point it's hard to see if there is any bone mending; but, during the examination I had only very minor pain. And, I haven't had any real pain since getting the brace.

But, I'm here to tell you that not being able to bend your leg is extremely inconvenient. Forget the fact that I can't run; and, for that matter, am very limited in exercise options period.

Try bracing your leg and doing a few everyday tasks. Getting in and out of a car, driving (impossible when it's your "driving" foot), sitting in an office chair, putting on shoes and socks; and, my personal favorite ---- taking a dump. I swear, just getting dressed in the morning is a workout in and of itself.

And, when you walk peg-legged, it takes a hell of a long time to get anywhere. And, using crutches are just a general pain in the ass.

So, all in all, I suspect my spring and early summer are going to pretty much suck. But, hey, I'm not bitter. Pissed off, frustrated and disappointed maybe - but not bitter.

I suspect it will pass. Probably right around the time that my mileage is back up to 50 miles a week and I do my first long run and tempo run. I suspect by that time that I'll feel lots better about this whole thing.

Until then - call me Tony, the whiny leetle bitch.

See you on the roads, track and trails (eventually I hope).

TB

No comments: